
Loren was casting and got his fishing wire all tangled up so....
Mark had to help him untangle it! :)
The boat we were on was the Patriot. It was an awesome boat. We had gone on a chartered trip through the high school so we only had about 30 people on board, which made it really easy to cast and have elbow room. We would take off at 6:30 and head out to Catalina Island for some really great fishing... or so we were told! :)
After taking off the first Catch of the Day went to Mark. What a beaut! Seaweed! Can't beat that!
On the way there it was cold. I was a little miserable! I really wanted the sun to come out! It was overcast and misty!
Mark's Mom called. Loren thought we needed to capture a Mark and his Mom moment!
It was a long boat ride! We got a little silly on the way there. I took a picture of Loren just standing there, then Mark and I started doing push-ups on the railing of the boat and squats.
Family portrait! I took this one... It's a wall-hanger!
Mark thought he could take a better one!
Loren caught a sheepshead! It was so cool. I'd seen one the year before while we were snorkling in the bay at Catalina, but they had been telling us all morning that they are pretty hard to catch.
One of the crew guys on the boat was helping everyone take their fish off the line and putting it into their bags. We all got numbers when we got on the boat. We had Potato sack-bags assigned to us with those numbers and the fish you caught were placed into the bags.
Loren grabbed the fish for a photo op and as I took the picture the fish started to wiggle and Loren dropped it. So this is mid-drop!
There we go! That's more like it!
The Sheepshead has TEETH!! Crazy Fish!!
Not too long after that catch, Loren caught a WOPPER!! A Beautiful Bonita! He was so proud! We were for sure going to win the jackpot for the biggest fish caught! 
My proud hubby and his fish! A little boy about 10 or 11 caught a Bonita as well, and his was about a tenth of an oz. heavier than Loren's so he won the jackpot! We were happy for him. He was so excited!

After a 2 hour boat ride over and a 6 hour day of fishing it was time to head on back. So what do you do with the time? Take More Pictures of Course!!!!

The Boys started getting silly and messing around. So I caught them in the action!



Best Friends Forever!

Pulling into the Harbor we had to get a picture of the three of us together! We arrived back at 6:00pm. We had a great time. Loren had caught his two fish, Mark had caught 2 Calico Bass and I had caught a big wopping NOTHING, but I still had a blast!

Two boys, their bags of fish, their poles and tackle boxes in hand = great picture!




6 comments:
Ok, so lame friend that I am! Happy 30th and how much fun...hot air balloon...You can tell Loren he's doing an awesome job taking care of you...I totally approve! I had no idea that he had CF...I've been wanting to tell you how sorry I am. I know he's had it forever, but I just didn't know...and I do know how awful it can be. My cousin Brett has had it and he just turned 38. It's a miserable disease and it's so unpredictable. Please know that you are in my prayers. I wish I could be a really rich person and have a house where all the people I love live so I could visit whenever I wanted. Alas, reality is just not that way. But I will always be there in spirit...ed debeviks anyone!?? Oh, how I miss those years!! haha Take care love! I love you a ton!
Holy Cow!! You take some great pictures!!! I love seeing Loren and Markie Mark and you!! I also need to give some props to Lorens "gas" photo from the Hot Air balloon ride!! I started laughing outloud and then had to show Jeremy...he and I love you guys!!
Great pictures! I LOVE the one you took of the two of you!! (and thanks for changing your main photo!:)
Jana Banana! I am totally excited that I found your blog. I really really missed you at the reunion! Good to see you are livin it up! Happy Birthday! Love Ya! Jada
...okay, summer is over and now it's time to catch us up! ;-)
JANa~
So glad i came across your blog. I found it on KT's.
Anyhow I thought I would let you know how much I admire you and think the world of you!
I remember your contagious smile, bug hugs, and love for everyone around you.
You rock!
I am so happy to see that your doing so good!
Take Care
Post a Comment